Monday, October 27, 2008

Revolve tour and an update

Hey Everyone! Its monday and I guess I should write an update after a fun weekend with my mom, friends, and their moms at revolve tour. If you have a teen or know of a teen who has never been to revolve I encourage you to check it out in your closest city and plan to go sometime! Its put on by women of faith conference and thats how I found out about it was when I went to women of faith conference.
Well, now you probably want to know how it went. This was my 3rd year to go and it seems to get bigger and better each year. Friday was awesome with the best part being my favorite singer Natalie Grant put on a concert at revolve and I got to go near the stage while she was singing. (you can only do that if you have floor seats which we did)Natalie is my inspiration into singing and I love singing high like she does in some of her songs so that made it extra special. My mom and I have been on the floor every year we have gone except this year I got some of my friends to go with me and they brought a few friends too. Also a friend of my friend that went said Natalie prayed with her which I thought was cool.
Saturday brought even more fun such as getting up early ugh lol and us waiting on my friend & her friend who over slept (we were trying to get their early to get autograph line tickets what a mess)but we managed to get there (even though my friend was so desperate she forgot a few things)and her friend got an autograph ticket for hawk nelson and I got one for Natalie Grant (Yea!) and Jenna Lucado. (for those that don't know she is author Max Lucados daughter)
I felt bad for my friends that did not get any autographs but if I gave my Natalie ticket to one friend it would leave the others out. Jenna was so sweet and really talktive. In fact she kept saying sorry for keeping people waiting as she loves to talk more than signing lol. I got Natalies autograph after past revolve tours not getting there in time for autographs and such frustrations so I was happy. I also got my free cds from the contest I won Friday in time to listen on the way to revolve and heres the surprise I did not expect they were autographed! It was so cool to have a Hawk Nelson and Krystal Meyers cds autographed already!
It was also cool cause this little boy (about 4 or 5 years old) came up on stage when hawk nelson was performing and he was from the ronald mcdonald house. I am not sure what was wrong but he had shade glasses protecting his eyes so anyway he came up on stage and sang you are my sunshine which made the lead singer cry & then he played the drums & also later while they were singing he went over and picked up a guitar & it was funny. He also had a drum stick and touched the crowd with it & then touched with his hands lol. He was so adorable! I wish I had gotten a picture of him.
Their was also this 13 year old boy who started his own organization and it was awesome to hear that he started it when he was 9 years old and his story.
Then to top it all off we went to taco bell afterwards and then I got to spend the night with my friends! Sunday we went to see high school musical 3 which was awesome!
Better than the previous movies!
Well, I guess I will go for now! Its certainly been a super awesome weekend!
Leah

No comments: