Words cannot even describe the experience I had at camp this year!
I Learned so much spiritually this past week & am planning to put the lessons to
good use & recommit myself to God. I feel like a heavy weight has been
lifted off my shoulders as I prayed one of the nights at camp when I
was feeling down. I had not been reading my bible at all but now I
want to start reading it more. I had been struggling spiritually wise
but now I feel that my faith has been renewed.
I was placed with 8 sibling campers & boy some of these girls struggles they have to deal with their siblings broke my heart. I know that I am lucky even though my sisters disability is not quite as severe as others. God knew he wanted me to be there as a friend to these girls this week & share my personal story of having a sibling with special needs. I was a tad disapointed not to get a special needs camper but once i met these girls I knew that God put me up to the challenge & wanted me to start slowly & health wise so that I could handle it being my 1st year as a CIA. Yes, i did have some rough days when I wondered why I decided to volunteer at all but then whenever i saw the girls interact with each other & each others siblings i knew it was worth it to see the smiles on their faces. I did have 1 down day where i was sad not to get emails cause of the internet being down but later decided to reread the emails i had gotten which reminded me to remain focussed on why I was there in the first place, ministering to the girls & loving on them. I knew that all my friends & family were praying for me!


No comments:
Post a Comment